Thursday, April 9, 2020

Music Video Project: "Honey" Music Video

The second video I will be a blog about is my music video project. This file is the second video apart of the four-part blog series that will demonstrate how my skill improved. The requirement was to create a music video for any song. The duration of this video has to be at most a minute and ten seconds and be school appropriate. One of the main differences between this project and the previous was creative freedom. Before, I was restricted to the location, actresses, and props. With creative freedom, I can experiment with different locations and actresses to produce a better quality film. My music video is to the song "Honey" by Kelhani. The reason I chose this particular song is its LGBTQ+ representation and acoustics. Although there is an increase in representation for the LGBTQ+ community, there is still not enough. I wanted to demonstrate anyone should love whomever they want no matter the age, race, gender, sexual preference, etc. 

Out of the Gatorade Commerical and the music video, I prefer the music video because of the team dynamics. During the Gatorade Commerical, it was difficult to produce something with four people because there was only one computer. Also, I felt the team dynamic wasn't the most efficient. So, I decided to partner with another person and produce this music video. This music video shows how my skills improve. One example is the quality and speed. In the Gatorade Commerical, I thought the actions were fake or not authentic due to the fast speed. In this music video, the actions were the right speed because the audience gets to understand what events are occurring. 

During this project, my main roles were organizer, set design, director, and editor. Since I am an organized person, I helped coordinate with the actresses with filming and location. During Production, I made a cheese platter with an assortment of berries because I wanted the picnic scene to look like a date. In addition to the cheese platter, I brought a red and checkered picnic blanket and I brought a guitar to create a date-like effect. Moreover, during Production, I would direct the actresses on what type of emotions they should be expressing and actions. I would play the music while said command words to the actresses to have events correlate with the lyrics. In Post- Production, my main roles were sound and clipping footage. Since I was the most experienced in sound design, I was tasked to download the song and import it. I would adjust the volume and trim it to fit the duration requirement. I liked how the music video even though I had very little experience. The next blog will be about my third film project.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Audience and Institution Practice Essay

          One of the most known multi-media conglomerates is Disney. Within the last century, Disney has expanded its company to become a we...