Thursday, April 9, 2020

Final Task: "Dysfunctional Spies" Opening Sequence

The third film project I was required to produce was a Final Task. This Final Task is a two-minute opening sequence of a film. One of the main differences between this project and the two previous projects is the Final Task is a requirement for AS and A Level AICE Media Studies. The two previous projects were "practice" runs for this final project. Compared to the previous projects, the Final Task demonstrates how my film making skills developed and improved.

My Final Task is called "Dysfunctional Spies". My film is an action movie where two spies are tasked to locate a briefcase that can globally impact the world. Compared to the two previous film projects, it took a prolonged amount of time to create this film. I began this project during mid-January and I finished around mid-April. The reason why this Final Task took a longer time to produce because of the research, filming, and re-editing. I feel creating this Final Task allows students -including myself - real-life experiences on how films such as movies, tv shows, and documentaries are filmed. The beginning stages consist of development and research. I research different genres and conventions to determine the type of genre of my film. Then, I researched how movies of that genre use or challenge conventions. I also researched conventions for the working titles. The reason I had to research titles because I did not use them during my commercial or music video project. After weeks of extensive research, I was able to plan my Final Task. In the Development stages, I drafted the storyboards, scripts, and plan. Immediately, I would alter between filming and editing.

This process was very tedious and interesting. I have to admit, there were times where I wanted to smash the computer because of its delay. Due to the global pandemic of the world, it created problems for this class and the entire world. I learned I have to find solutions and adapt to sudden changes. The next blog will be a video about my experiences producing this Final Task.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Audience and Institution Practice Essay

          One of the most known multi-media conglomerates is Disney. Within the last century, Disney has expanded its company to become a we...