Thursday, April 9, 2020

Commerical Project: Gatorade Commerical

After filming and editing my Final Task, I was required to answer questions about my experiences in a video. The following blogs will demonstrate my growth as a filmmaker this year. The file that is embedded in this blog is the first film project that I've created. The first film I produced was a commercial. The requirements for this commercial was to create a 30-second commercial from a list of brands. I decided to make a Gatorade commercial because of its simplicity. Since there is a multitude of commercials for athletic apparel or sports drinks, I referenced them to research the conventions for a sports drink commercial. Another requirement for this commercial project was to film on my school's campus. Although it seemed to be difficult, I was able to utilize my school's track field to film my commercial.

The film making team consists of three other people and myself. During the film making process for this commercial, my primary role in the film making process was organizer/ recorder, actress, and editor. In October Blogs, it details my exact experiences and research for a sports drink commercial. The reason why I was the organizer/ recorder because one of my strengths is organization. I played one of the main actresses because of my athletic abilities. Compared to my teammates, I had better hand-eye-coordination and I had the endurance to run laps while filming. During the Post-Production stage, my main role was editor and sound. I was in charge of researching and importing sound into the computer. Also, I was in charge of adjusting the volume on the soundtrack. While editing, I learned how to color correct the images and how to create a split-screen in Pinnacle Studios.

After re-watching the Gatorade Commercial, I can see the tremendous difference in my film making capabilities compared to the Final Task and the CCR. Before the Gatorade Commercial, I had very little experience in editing a video. So, while I was editing this project, I was able to practice new production and post-production skills. Also, it was my first time using the official editing software. When I was editing the student play, I used editing software on my mobile device. The last reason for poor quality of the commercial project was the deadline. I think I was given about two and half a week to plan, film and edit the commercial project. The next blog will consist of my second film project.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Audience and Institution Practice Essay

          One of the most known multi-media conglomerates is Disney. Within the last century, Disney has expanded its company to become a we...