Thursday, April 9, 2020

Creative Critical Reflection: CCR

The last blog of this four-part series is my Creative Critical Reflection video. This video is the second part of component 1 for AICE Media Studies. The objective of this video is for students to reflect on their experiences in making their Final Task. This will include experiences on how skills advanced and how different technologies were integrated into making this project. Other parts of the video will consist of how students applied their genre conventions to their Final Task, how they were able to represent social groups/issues, and how their movie will be distributed. The requirements for this video is to make a creative video that is between twelve to fifteen minutes of students answering questions. I liked making this video because it demonstrates my abilities and how they improved.

While making this video, it was very stressful and tedious yet, fascinating. The main reason why it was stress is the uncertainty of the Coronavirus and lack of resources. I was fortunate to have the camera equipment when schools closed. However, a couple of weeks were used to re-film and re-edit the Final Task. Once the Final Task was finished, I was able to begin writing my responses because I couldn't have an effective reflection about my Final Task if I pre-record my experiences. By the end of this CCR, I had two filming days and two re-shoot days. Like all the film projects, I drafted a storyboard to figure out how I wanted the video to be formatted. I also made a script for Hannah when filming the intro and outro of my video. Besides, I figured out the set design of the video and the type of lighting. Filming the CCR was the easiest project to film because I was in charge of everything and if I made a mistake, I wouldn't have felt pressured to continue. The duration of my Post-Production was six days. This was a tedious process because of the amount of footage that needed to be reviewed and edited. The first couple of days consist of reviewing footage and formatting the takes. I would have to trim the takes to be more precise or remove any mistakes or mess-ups. On the third, fourth and fifth days of Post-Production, I inserted clips from my Final Task, graphics, and a few split screens. On the last day of Post-Production, I edited the micro-details. This day consists of editing out prolonged pauses, adjusting lighting, placement, sound volume, and inserting a soundtrack.

Although there are a few things that still need to be fixed, I am proud of how the video came out. This was stressful because I was under the impression the due date was April 9, 2020. However, I received an extension. Today, there was a glitch. This glitch caused the perfectly timed graphics to appear at the wrong time. I spent about half an hour trying to replace all the graphics in the correct order. This moment allowed me to understand these events happen in real life for editors. The file embedded is the video of my CCR.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Audience and Institution Practice Essay

          One of the most known multi-media conglomerates is Disney. Within the last century, Disney has expanded its company to become a we...