Sunday, March 15, 2020

Filming Blog: Drafting Final Task

Today in AICE Media Hannah and I edited were productive. This editing blog is a combination of experiences from three separate editing days. Since I had a short period of time to edit after the peer review and during an early release day, I decided to include those experiences as well.

Throughout the three editing days, my role as organizer was maintained. While Hannah and I edited the footage, I would refer to the storyboards, sound script, and the checklist to ensure everything was on track. I call off the file number on the list for Hannah to drag the footage into the track.  As Hannah edited on the computer, I would watch the footage to see if there were things to cut or improve. Since I am attentive to the tiniest details, my main role was watching the footage to determine the best place to cut/ trim.

On the fourth day of the post production, I was able to piece together Scenes 3.  The reason why only this scene was edited because there was extra time on the peer review day. On this day, I was able to trim and cut some scenes. For instance, I trimmed one footage where the two spies were running to get ready. I trimmed the beginning and the end because there was noise that would interrupt the dialogue. I also was able to edit in the split screen. Even though I haven't attempted a split screen in months, I had more experience. I knew where to go and how to edit the screen to have two actions. On the fourth day, I cropped and a move the footage into a logical manner.

On the fifth day of post-production, I finished adding Scenes 4-6. Even though there was an early release, I was able to incoropate these scenes because they consists of simple actions. On this editing, I formulated and trimmed jump cuts of the spies walking to Point A. I mainly focused on the timing on each action and dialogue.

On the six day of post-production, a significant amount of footage was edited even though there was a brief delay. Once I logged onto the computer, the computer wouldn't let us review the individual file. So, Hannah brought the computer to our teacher while I began to lay a game plan for the remaining of the post production.Today, my teacher revealed the due dates of the Final Task and the CRP questions. Instantly, I knew I needed to figure a way to trim down the footage. After the fifth post production day, we were about 20 seconds under the requirements. I knew I needed to trim down the Final Task because the duration doesn't fit the requirements for the assignment. Also, there was a surplus of raw footage that wasn't reviewed.  I suggested the following: Cut the Monitor scenes until Scene 10, do jump cuts of the spies following the Target, Reaction shot of the Target, Cori tripping, and the scenes where the Kidnapper is hitting the Monitor. This provided a guideline on what to include in the final product.

On the six day of post-production. I was able to edit the sound. Since I am the expert in the sound, I de-attached the audio from the footage. Once I de-attached the audio, I was able to add the voice over and a sound effect that will help the final task have suspense.  I trimmed some of the other portions of the footage I've already had.

(This is me(left) writing an alternative to the Final Task while Hannah was trying to upload the raw footage.)



.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Audience and Institution Practice Essay

          One of the most known multi-media conglomerates is Disney. Within the last century, Disney has expanded its company to become a we...