Monday, March 16, 2020

Editing Blog: Minor Details & Sound

During the planning blogs, I anticipated post-production was going to be prolonged. Now on the seventh day of editing, I am added minor details and sound into my final task. The minor details will include trimming, speed, and some transitions.

On this post-production day, one of my major roles was sound. As I continuously reiterate, I handle the sound issue because have the most experience in cutting, adding, and editing sound. Before I could attach the sound to my final task, I had to re-import the sound because Pinnacle Studios did not recognize the files. Once the files were re-imported, Hannah and I reviewed each of the selected music files. As I listened to each track, I noted notable sections of different tracks that should be included. For instance, I suggested using a certain section from "Addicted" by VYEN during the falling scene or last Monitor scene. This would be a perfect opportunity to include incidental music because it would emphasize the action because of the loud dynamic and heavy beats. After we picked the selected music file for the scene, I would attach the sound to the footage. Then, I would adjust the length. There were multiple instances where I learned and practice my sound skills. One moment is reattaching sound. I had to reattach audio from the last scene because it would enhance the action/ adrenaline rush. With trial and error, I re-learned how to detach sound. During the beginning of the year, my teacher explained how to detach audio if we wanted a voice over. Since the procedures were received about five months ago, I wasn't sure if I remember how. Now, I can be efficient if I wanted to add a voice-over. The second moment is adjusting the volume. I learned how to adjust the volume on the Master Track and the individual clip. I learned you would click a certain icon which will display knobs. The orange knob adjusts the volume for the entire track while the green knob adjusts the knob for the individual clip. I had to adjust the volume for a specific track because the dialogue was too quiet and the background music was too loud.

A minor role I performed was an organizer. Before Hannah and I began editing, we re-watched our final task. I did this because I wanted to see the imperfections that could have been missed on the sixth editing day. While I watched the final task a couple of times, I write notes on paper. These notes include things to cut, re-shoot, and re-edit. I also noted on what scenes should be longer and ideal places to add transitions for a "smooth film".

Another minor role I performed was the editor. Since I have some knowledge of split screens, I added a border to screen. The purpose of the border is to create a clean split screen.

For the next post-production day, we need to finish adding the sound and titles. In addition to sound and titles, color and lighting need to be adjusted.

(This is a picture of Hannah and I reviewing the Final Task. )

No comments:

Post a Comment

Audience and Institution Practice Essay

          One of the most known multi-media conglomerates is Disney. Within the last century, Disney has expanded its company to become a we...