Friday, March 13, 2020

Filming Blog: George Enlgish Park Part 2

This blog is about the fourth production of my final task. According to the previous filming blog, I filmed the Monitor scenes before the George English Park scenes because of my actresses' unavailability. This production day was the shortest and the most stressful because I had to film Scene 7-9 within in an hour. The reason why there was a limit restriction because one actress needed to be picked up at a specific time. In addition to the time restriction, one actress forgot to bring their leather jacket: a crucial item of clothing for her spy costume. A solution I suggested was to use my leather jacket. However, Hannah convinced me, the difference in the leather jacket would make the final task look unusual.

One minor role as an organizer was maintained. Before every take, I would ensure all the necessary shots, angles, and movements were filmed. For instance, I would follow the sound script and the storyboards during Scene 7. After filming, I would re-review the storyboard, shooting script, checklist and sound script to be efficient. This would act as a signal on what shot should be filmed next.

The primary role I was tasked with was directing. Since I was an organizer, I directed while referring to the storyboards and sound script. Before each take, I would elaborate on what each takes should appear. This would allow the actresses to understand the material and become better actresses. To achieve the ideal delivery, I would use anecdotes to help guide the actresses. For instance, I said, "Channel your inner Leila" or "Imagine a friend leaving you on reading". These anecdotes helped the actresses act disappointed or worried. Furthermore, I would yell commands on when actresses should begin acting. During the taking shots of Target, I would yell "Go" or I would give a thumbs-up as signals for Hannah to begin walking.

A minor role I was tasked with was camerawoman. Since Hannah is one of the actresses in this film, I substituted as a camerawoman during the tacking shots and wide shots of the actresses.  As camerawoman, I filmed the scenes with a tripod because it allowed the camera to be less shaky. For example, I used to tripod to filmed the tracking shot of Cori following Target. Since I am below average height, it was difficult to film this particular tracking shot on my tip-toes. The tripod helped me achieved the perfect height without straining myself.

(This picture is me (left) directing Kat as she prepares to be filmed.)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Audience and Institution Practice Essay

          One of the most known multi-media conglomerates is Disney. Within the last century, Disney has expanded its company to become a we...