Monday, February 24, 2020

Filming Blog: George English Park

On the second day of production, Hannah and our actresses went to my house. A minor job I was tasked with was transportation. Since my house is closer to George English Park, I offered to transport the production crew and cast. The first job I did after we have arrived at the park was given instructions to Kat. Since the setting of Kat's scenes is in a tree, I suggested to Hannah to film all of Kat's scenes because it would cause less confusion going to different locations and back. Once Kat was settled in the tree, I describe the scenes and the emotions she should be expressing. For instance, I would describe the scene and disappointment Kat's character should be expressing after Cori has fallen on the trap. Also, another tasked I fulfilled was give the dialogue to the actresses. Since the actresses were not aware of our sound script, I referred to the sound script to give the actresses their lines before filming. An example that demonstrates this job was Kat's scenes in the tree. Before filming, I would yell her lines since I was lower than Kat. During filming, I would say the Monitor's dialogue to give cues to Kat when she should say her lines.

One of the major jobs I performed was supervisor. Before new takes were being filmed, I checked off the camera shots, angles, movements and actions Hannah capture. Then, I would make decisions on which scenes will be filmed. While the actresses where filming their scenes, I  would follow the storyboard to check if  the actresses and and Hannah were following the shooting script, sound script, and storyboards.

A minor job I performed was lighting. Since the weather was bright and clear, I did not have a major lighting design role. I changed the brightness and color settings on the camera to reduced the glare and add more shadows. Another minor I performed was filming. Since the main camerawoman is an actor, I took over as the camerawoman. As camerawoman, I filmed Hannah's scenes of her walking and tracking shots of Cori following Hannah. That take was difficult because of my short statue. Since I am the smallest of our actresses, I had to walk on my tip toes and hold the camera about 5 inches above my head to include Cori and Hannah. The last minor role I was assigned to was set design. Even though most of the setting is at a park, I had to tie the rope around two trees to make the trap.Since the actresses do not know how to properly a knot, I was in charge in tying the rope on the tree.


Over the next week, I have to come back to George English Park to film the rest of the park scenes since the camera died.

(This is me looking at the sound script off my phone to give dialogue to Kat , who is in a tree. )




No comments:

Post a Comment

Audience and Institution Practice Essay

          One of the most known multi-media conglomerates is Disney. Within the last century, Disney has expanded its company to become a we...