Wednesday, February 26, 2020

Editing Blog: Dumping & Checklist

In AICE Media Studies, I was ready to begin edit the footage because my partner and I was able to film a good quantity of takes on our first filming day. During the first day of editing, I did not immediatly start editing because of minor technical difficulties. One minor technical difficulty is the computer battery. Almost every time I arrived in AICE Media Studies, the computer I've been always using has low. This delayed the editing process because it takes forever for the computer to adjust to a new login. Another minor difficulty was dumping. I tried to dump the footage onto the computer from the SD card but, it didn't show the footage. After Hannah attempted to dumped, our teacher helped us figure the technical difficulty and I dumped the footage while Hannah created the folder for Pinnacle Studios.


 During the first day of the editing process, I was very productive. Although I didn't get to actually physical edit, I was able to review all the takes from the first filming process. My major role during this editing day was to record the most liked take and record which takes need to be re-filmed. In my notebook, I organized it each scenes and listed the decent takes in chronological order of the storyboard. As Hannah and I watched each take, I offered my input and opinions about each take. Together, we would collaborated on which takes would be selected or how to incorporated part of the take without re-filming the entire take. For instance, during one the takes I noticed the actresses were not in their character or they were expressing the wrong emotions. I also noticed the jerkyness or the shakiness of some of the takes and the quietness of the actresses. An example of a take that needs to be re-filmed was a close-up of Kat setting down the phone. This take was not filmed and I think it would  make the film become more appealing.

During the first day of editing, I noticed the "movie mistakes" within the  firs two minutes of the final task. For instance, in Scene 6, there is a pan of the Target walking from a wide-shot. This is a mistake because Cori should be "behind" a tree since the next shot is commenting on the Target's relative position.


(This picture shows me writing the number of each take after Hannah dumped the footage onto the computer.)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Audience and Institution Practice Essay

          One of the most known multi-media conglomerates is Disney. Within the last century, Disney has expanded its company to become a we...