Wednesday, February 19, 2020

Filming Blog: Leila's House

On the first day of the production, Hannah and our actresses went to my house to film scenes 1 to 4. The first day of the filming process was very efficient and organized. Before the director and the cast have arrived, I cleared different locations in my house to create a wider space to film two people and contain two production crew members. After I cleared my bedroom and the kitchen, I gathered the following props: makeup, rope, and earpieces. I made sure these essential props were ready before we began production. Once the cast arrived, I consulted Hannah on our respective jobs and devised a gameplan for the filming production. During this filming day, I acted as a supervisor to ensure Hannah and the actresses were following the storyboards and the sound script. An example is I would refer to the storyboards and sound script during and before the shooting to ensure the actresses were following directions and saying their dialogue. 

 Another primary tasked I performed during this filming shoot was informed the actresses of their lines and to give a break down/ summary of each scene. Using the shooting script, and sound script as a reference, I describe what actions they will be performing and how the dialogue should be spoken. I also explained to them where the camera will be located and what emotions they should be expressing. For instance, at the ending of Scene 2, the actresses realized they are late for their mission. Between each takes, I explained to them they should be expressing fear because the actresses are timid of the Monitor. To achieve these frightening emotions, I advise them to use past situations where they were frightened/scared to be disappointed in. With this advice, the actresses were able to film a perfect take that captures their fear of the Monitor. 

A secondary task I was assigned was lighting. Before Hannah filmed the kitchen  scenes, I played with combinations of lights to see which lighting looked appealing. I also adjusted the lighting design on the camera to become "snow lighting". This caused the takes on camera to have a cool tones and reduced the amount of warm lighting. Another example where I managed the lighting was during Scene 3. As Hannah filmed the over-the-shoulder shots, I was holding a light on the respective actress to highlight the emotions of each actress.

A minor role I was assigned to do was makeup. According to the storyboard, there is going to be a split screen of Cori putting eyeliner on and with another scene of Kat. Even though I dabble in makeup for special occasions, I have experience putting makeup on. So, I painted Cori's faced with eyeliner and massacre for their spy alter ego.

(The picture is me putting eyeliner on Cori. I am wearing the maroon top. )


No comments:

Post a Comment

Audience and Institution Practice Essay

          One of the most known multi-media conglomerates is Disney. Within the last century, Disney has expanded its company to become a we...