Monday, March 30, 2020

Filming Blog: Re-Shoot Blog

Today Hannah and I had another productive day. From the previous editing day, we noted some scenes needed to be re-film and cut. Since there was a time limitation, I could not check out a camera. So, Hannah and I decided to have the re-shoot on the weekend.

On the first day of the re-shoot production day, Hannah, Cori and I went to our first location, George English Park. As I previously mentioned in the prior blog, some scenes needed to be re-filmed because of volume. Although the actresses spoke loudly, Pinnacle Studios and the background music caused the dialogue to be muffled. Scenes that needed to be louder were Cori's scenes.

Once we finished filming at George English Park, we headed to the next filming location, my house.
While we waited for Kat to be dropped off at my house, Hannah and I began to plan Scene 3. Since we had to cut Scene 3, we needed to plan what we wanted to happen in the scene that would help develop an intense mood. The following statements are suggestions made by me: "Let's keep the shot of Cori walking to Kat but, we can include a dialogue. Cori might say something along the lines of "are you ready?" while Kat will respond by saying "Let's go" while she picks up her bag." After about fifteen minutes, we decided to have Cori pick up the bag while Kat says "We're ready" to the Monitor. This allows parallel editing and allows us to include another Monitor scene to establish the spies and the Monitor are friends.

During reshoot, I directed Cori. Before the camera began, I repeated Cori's lines to her because it has been weeks since the last production day. I thoroughly describe to Cori on what I wanted to occur in this scene. For instance, I said, "This character is firmly stating Target's relative position". I describe the seriousness of the Scene and how the tone should be objective. While Cori was filming her lines, I would comment on the dynamic of her lines. I commented on how the line should be louder. I offered tips on how she can achieve a loud volume without screaming. Once Kat arrived, we reshot Cori's dialogue and Scene 3. I followed similar procedures while Scene 3 is shot. I describe the scene to the actresses and the emotions they should be expressing. I gave the same advice to use the diaphragm to project louder. After Scene 3 was shot, it concluded the first reshoot.

(This is Hannah and I planning Scene 3.)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Audience and Institution Practice Essay

          One of the most known multi-media conglomerates is Disney. Within the last century, Disney has expanded its company to become a we...