Thursday, November 28, 2019

Filming Blog Part 2

After a week of planning and discussing the music video, my groupmate and I finally filmed our music video. This filming process was more fascinating and  exciting than the last filming process because it was a project where creativity and asethic were the most important components. I really enjoyed this filming process because there were no issues with the camera equipment and the filming went smoothly. The actresses were cooperating and listening to the directions given and there were no tension amongst the group. The following sentences are the events that occurred during this filming process.

According to the planning blog, Hannah and I are planned to film between 11/27/19 to 11/29/19. Although we filmed on Wednesday, November 27,2019, the filming process began on November 26, 2019. In my AICE Media Studies class, one of my roles was organizer. As organizer, my job was to sign out the camera equipment and it properly functioned before the Thanksgiving Break. By ten thirty in the morning, I filled equipment sign out sheet and checked out the camera equipment. Once the camera equipment was signed out, I texted the actresses confirming their attendance and costumes. Throughout the rest of the day, my fellow groupmate Hannah carried the camera equipment because I wouldn't arrive to my house until 7:00 p.m.

On Wednesday, Hannah and our actresses arrived at my house at 9:45 a.m. Before they arrived, I prepared most of the food for the picnic and gathered the props. Once they arrived, one of our actresses was putting on some makeup while Hannah and I were preparing a cooler to transport the food and the props to our filming location. By ten o'clock, we were on the way towards our location until I realized I forgot one of the most important props- honey. I immediately sprinted towards my house, grabbed the honey, and ran back to the group. Once we had everything, we continued on our journey towards the small dog park.

During this filming process, one of my primary roles for this music video was  creative designer. For instance, as Hannah was teaching the point of view actresses how to play the guitar, I began to assembling the set design. I laid out the red and white checkered blanketed and used the camera to find the optimal position of the actresses, props and the camera. After we filmed the second scene of the medium close-up of the actress in the rose dress, I assembled the cheese board and the silverware. I arrganed the cured meats and cheese on a wooden board and filled three- mini bowls with a variety of crackers and chips. I also arranged the fruit platter with strawberries, grapes, and carrotss. Plus, I added the humus, napkins, and cups to properly demonstrate a picnic scene.

The second primary role for this music video was co-directing. As co-director, I was directing the actresses on how they should appear and the emotions they should be displaying. For instance, the scene of the point of view actress putting the flower crown on the other actress' head. Before that scene, I was explaining to the point of view actress she will placing the flower crown upon her head while the other actress will be displaying positive emotions. These emotions will include love, happiness and a little embarrassment. The lyric reads " I came to find my fire fire was fate with you. Heartache would stay with you, fly great escapes with you" helped me illustrate the emotions the subjects should be conveying. Another example I was practicing my directing skills was the tracking shots. During the tracking shots, I was directing the actresses on the actions they should do. For instance, I used the command "walk" to have the subject walk and then use "stop". I also said "grab hand, look at her, and continue to walk".

A minor role I was able to practice was camerawoman. In the previous project, I was an actress because I was one of the most athletic  out of our group. This caused me to miss an opportunity to pratice  my filming skills. For instance, I was allowed to film some of the scenery shots of the purple bush and the opening and ending scenes. As a camerawoman, I sat in awkward and uncomfortable positions to film the extreme close ups of the playing guitar scenes and the honey necklace. These were the roles I had during the filming process.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Audience and Institution Practice Essay

          One of the most known multi-media conglomerates is Disney. Within the last century, Disney has expanded its company to become a we...