Friday, October 4, 2019

Good morning or good evening or another greeting based on time. Welcome to my first blog I've written. My name is Leila. I am in the 10th grade and I attend a high school in hot, humid Florida. I am also a student in the Cambridge Magnet Program. I do not consider myself as a normal teenager. I love to read books, write stories, and  drink coffee- especially cafe con leche. Compared to other students at my school, I am very studious, motivated, driven, and compassionate about others. I do not usually like to talk about myself but, typing on the computer grants writers like me have the freedom to write to our hearts to content without being judge by society, peers, and authority. This blog is for my AICE Media Studies class. We are required by Cambridge to create a blog to show them our progress in the class. I feel like this simple task will later be the most difficult thing. 

I do not considered myself to be a very interesting person. I know I seem self-deprecating but, I am brutally honest and can be pessimistic. But, the most interesting thing  about me is I am adopted from China. When I was thirteen months years old, I was adopted by my mother and my tia, who is a mom to me. I have a mother, tia, brother and a sister. I also, have 3 cats: Romeo, Murphy Brown and Chester. When I was growing up, I had the amazing opportunity to be surrounded in a diversity location. Part of my family immigrated from Cuba and the other part is American. A family friend of mine is Jewish and taught be how to make Jewish food. I love to cook Cuban and Caribbean food. My nanny Precious taught me everything I know. I love making pastelitos guayaba and sopa de pollo.  Even though my tia is Cuban, I do not speak fluent Spanish because my tia's priority was to have English as my first language. I am learning how to fluently speak, write and reed Spanish in school. One of my goals in life is to speak Spanish and French and learn how to sign.

As I mentioned before I am taking AICE Media Studies along with Algebra 2 Honors, Chemistry Honors,  AICE English Language, AICE European History and Vocal Essemble. The extracurricular activiies I am apart of are GSA, Vocal Essemble, and the tennis team. Whenever I can, I help with crew in my school's theatherical production.  I am the  Treasurer of my school's Gay Straight Alliance club and I am part responsible for the creation of the my school choir's mascot: an alligator.
Since I live in Florida, one might assume I spend some time at the beach but that is not a case. 
Although I've lived here for the majority of my life, I prefer to travel to a place of a cooler climate. I love cold weather and playing in snow when I traveled. Plus, I hate the beach.

 I think I should leave for now.
Until next time, 

Leila.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Audience and Institution Practice Essay

          One of the most known multi-media conglomerates is Disney. Within the last century, Disney has expanded its company to become a we...