Tuesday, October 15, 2019

Editing Lesson Blog

Today in AICE Media Studies, I learned a significant amount of information about camera procedures and about editing. During the first ten minutes, I learned how to use a camera and it’s equipment. I learned setting up the equipment is simple. The camera is a handheld but, I can use a tripod to control the movement of the camera. The second portion of the lesson was about editing. I learned 5 steps about editing. The first step was setup. Before I can edit my footage, I had to create a folder to make it easier to export and import my footage.

 Once I created my folder , I can insert the SD card into the SD card reader to dump the footage onto the computer. This step involves the transfer of the footage from the camera or SD card onto the computer.After I dumped my footage, I can open DCIM, a section on the computer that contains all the pictures and film loaded  from the computer. Once I highlighted the necessary footage, I can transfer it into my folder and eject the SD card from the computer. The third step is importing. Importing is defined as the transfer for footage from the desktop computer to the edit software.In AICE Media Studies, I am using the Pinnacle Studios software to produced my films. Once I click Pinnacle Studios, I click: edit, file, new movie, and clear anything. This would setup the computer for editing. To import, I hit the plus sign and my folder to check the necessary media. I would use for my films. A helpful hint while using this software is to make sure the necessary media has a check mark and to have patience. After I selected the footage, I click import. This would cause the screen to upload the raw footage; raw footage is the unedited take that was filmed.

Once I finished editing and reviewing my work, I can export the film. Export is defined as the transfer of footage from the editing software to the computer. I would have to hit the file tab to save the save and label the file. Once its saved, I can transfer it to my commercial folder and hit export to NPNG 4 with SD-S quality. After it is fully exported, I can review the rendering of the film. Rendering is the process of making the footage run smoothly. This would allow me to check for mistakes.

There were a few tricks I learned during the lesson: cut, detached sound, and add voice over. The set up of the program is organized by tracks. Track 1 is used for adding titles.l Track 2 is used to edit the raw footage and track 3 is used to add music or add voice over. To cut the raw footage, I would have to use the red line to select the film. Once I selected the footage, I press the razor blade button to split and separate it to be deleted. To deattached sound: I select the footage , right click, and select detached sound. This would produced footage with no sound in the particular part. To add voice over: I take the footage of the actor doing the voice-over and separate the soundtrack from the take. Then I can delete the take while keeping the audio.

I found this editing lesson was very educating and interesting. I hoped you learned something new and intersting.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Audience and Institution Practice Essay

          One of the most known multi-media conglomerates is Disney. Within the last century, Disney has expanded its company to become a we...