Monday, March 9, 2020

Editing Blog : Sound and Cutting

On the second day of post-production. I was semi-productive in downloading music and dumping it onto my flash drive. The primary reason this post-production day was not efficient because of the computers. Immediately upon arrival to AICE Media Studies class, I grabbed and logged onto my computer because Final Task's footage was dumped onto that computer. Once I click the Pinnacle Studios app, I waited approximately 10 minutes before a notification popped up which read: "Pinnacle Studios is not responding". I decided to restart the program because students at my high school do not know how to properly shut down and return a computer. After I restarted the computer, I had the same issues as before. A temporary solution is to grab another computer. This computer also had the same technical error. The last solution was to grab another computer. Eventually, Pinnacle Studios loaded and I was able to re-follow the post-production procedures of dumping and importing.

As Hannah was importing the footage onto the computer and into Pinnacle Studios, my role was sound. Since I have the most experience downloading music, I was tasked with download and dump the sound onto my flash drive. I spent a good portion of time visiting multiple Youtube converter sites to see which sites allow free and efficient downloading services. The reason why this took a good portion of time because certain websites required a Google extension which was blocked by my school's administrator. Eventually, I found a site that worked without the Google Extension, and I was able to convert the Youtube video into an MP3 file. Once I converted the music from Youtube Videos into a music file, I dumped the files onto my flash drive.

As I finished the last file, the computer was importing the 246 footage files. After finished dumping the sound, I helped Hannah with the editing. This is where the checklist of the selected footage came in handy. I told Hannah which footage would be added into the track. This allowed us to efficiently begin piecing the footage together. During the editing, I would offer my input on each take and where I wanted the footage to be cut.

Due to the technical difficulties and interruptions, Hannah and I were able to piece Scene 1 and part of Scene 2. During the third day of editing, Hannah and I will be piecing the last part of Scene 2 and begin editing Scene 3.

(This is a picture of me (left) and Hannah reviewing the selected footage. Since Pinnacle Studios is not the best editing software, it would lag. So, Hannah and I would review the footage on a separate screen to watch the videos without any interruptions. )



No comments:

Post a Comment

Audience and Institution Practice Essay

          One of the most known multi-media conglomerates is Disney. Within the last century, Disney has expanded its company to become a we...